Web design involves the visual aesthetics and page layout of a website. It goes along with the web development process. Depending on the target market the companies need to interact with the customers and understand what all are their needs and requirements, then determine the costs involved in the process of website design. Mapping out their paths from the first interaction to the last is important for achieving their goals. The phases of the web design process include:
- Project definition. Organizations need to communicate with the stakeholders and have an outline of the project, organizational background and the key messages that attract and target the key audiences, brand perceptions, navigation and call to actions.
- Wire frames and site architecture. Creating the site map ensures that all the key pages are considered on the site showing their relationships to each other and determine how the sites overall navigation should be structured.
- Visual design. After the blueprint of the site is determined through site maps and wire frames the next stage involves the visual style. The organization’s brand plays an important role in this part, since the designers would visually convey their brand ideas within the designs.
- Site development. After the websites are approved, the designs of the pages are taken out, new contents are developed along with the videos, slideshows, podcasts, and other media that appear as well as build the HTML and CSS of the site.
- Site testing. Before launching a site it is placed on a production server where only internal audiences can share and view the link. Testing of the site is important as there are issues that need to be resolved before the site goes live. At this stage the sites are reviewed on multiple browsers and devices to find out if any break occurs.
- Launching of the site. After the site is approved by the stakeholders it is launched. Before launching of the site the web designers should be prepared to receive feedbacks from the users, expect to make immediate changes to the site, such as fixing the broken links, editing copy and making adjustments.